By Amanda Coffey | March 21, 2018
Member Service Officer (P/T – Saturday and Holiday Cover)
Life Credit Union are now recruiting a part-time Member Service Officer for our branch in Maynooth. The Member Service Officer will be responsible for carrying out a range of administrative and operational activities that contribute to the effective running of the credit union.
The Member Service Officer is on the front line of service provision for Life Credit Union and is the warm, professional & friendly face that meets members every day and embodies our culture and ethos. Excellent Customer Service skills and attention to detail is a must in this role.
Reporting directly to the Operations Team Leader or Branch Manager, the Member Service Officer will provide an efficient service to members including, but not limited to:
- Dealing with member services transactions, such as lodgements, withdrawals, etc. as required.
- Dealing with filing of all paperwork, photocopying, scanning etc. as required.
- Balancing own batch on a daily basis.
- Processing of loan applications received from members (subject to relevant qualification)
- Managing the workflow of loan applications, contacting members with deferred/approved loans not drawndown, etc.
- Opening of new accounts as required.
- Dealing with member queries on any Credit Union related matter.
- Co-operation with manager in the development and/or implementation of new technology or services
- Act as a cheque signatory within prescribed limits.
- To attend training programmes and workshops as required by the credit union.
- To be aware of and compliant with various legislation and regulations governing Credit Union operations.
- To be aware of and comply with all Health & Safety regulations as directed by the credit union.
- To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the manager.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Excellent numerical skills
- Good PC Skills
- QFA desirable but not essential (N.B. Permanent Contracts are subject to QFA being undertaken/completed).
- Minimum of 6 months working in a customer facing environment
- Experience of working in a cash environment, desirable but not essential
- Customer Focused, with friendly and professional manner
- Ability to perform under pressure and work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Ability to multi task and prioritize work
*This position will be based in Maynooth, however, from time to time, it may be necessary to work at 20 North Main Street, Naas; Monread Centre Naas; Main Street, Newbridge or such other branch as may be determined by the Credit Union within the common bond.
You can apply here or email firstname.lastname@example.org