Terms and Conditions
Site Terms & Conditions
Access to this Site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions carefully. By proceeding further you will be deemed to have accepted them. Please note that a reference to “we” means the “Credit Union” and our associates.
- This Site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Site, you accept that your use of the Site and any information on the Site, will also be governed by the laws of Ireland and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the Site or any of the information on it, you agree that the Irish courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
- We have provided the contents of this Site for your information only. The distribution of information on the Site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. This information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform them about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this Site can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
- Information about some of the services on this Site is subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available. Details of such restrictions are set out on the pages to which they relate and you should read those details carefully before proceeding to the rest of the relevant page.
- Information about some of the services on this Site is subject to additional Legal Notices and Warnings. These notices and warnings are important and are for the protection of both you and us. Please take the time to carefully read all Legal Notices and Warnings on the pages of this Site that you visit.
- We have given the information on the Site in good faith. We have taken the information from trade and other sources believed to be reliable. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the Site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. Please note that we may update or alter the information on this Site at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Any opinions and estimates expressed reflect our judgment at the date given and are also subject to change without notice. Accordingly you agree not to hold us responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions. If you do not understand or if you have any queries on any of the information on the Site, we recommend that you consult a professional financial adviser.
- The information contained in this Site is not an invitation or offer to invest in the shares of the Credit Union or any other service or otherwise deal in these or enter into a contract with us or any other company. The information provided should not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision.
- Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge personal information over the internet unless you are using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
- Some pages on this Site contain hypertext links to web sites not maintained by us. You are reminded that when you enter other web sites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such linked web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
- Access to and use of this Site is at the user’s own risk and we do not represent or warrant that the use of this Site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this Site or any its contents.
- The information contained in this Site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to their completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this Site. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site.
- The contents of this Site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by us without notification. The information in this Site may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this Site up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
- Copyright in the Site and the information set out on it belongs to us and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent.
- No third party is permitted to link any other web site to this Site without obtaining our prior written consent.
- Email Policy: Please remember Life Credit Union NEVER asks members to enter their Pin or Password or any other personal web access login details or user access codes through email. If you receive an email requesting this information, please ignore the email and contact Life Credit Union immediately at 045 879 622.
Terms & Conditions governing Life Credit Union Ltd. On-line Account Access
Life Credit Union Ltd. provides services to the Member through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access, subject to the Member’s acceptance of the terms and conditions set out below.
These Terms and Conditions are in addition to those already provided to you as an account holder with the Credit Union but, in the event of any uncertainty with regard to your use of the Service, the following Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
By accessing your account online via the Credit Union website, you were directed to enter a username, a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and password, so only you have access to your account information.
By using your Username, PIN and Password (“Security Details”) you agree to the following conditions.
You should not disclose your Security Details to anyone, nor write the letters / numbers on any document that would associate it with Life Credit Union Ltd. or the Online Banking service. You must keep your Security Details secret and take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorised or fraudulent use of them.
After the initial registration Life Credit Union Ltd. will never contact you, or ask anyone to do so on our behalf, with a request to disclose your Security Details in full. If you receive any such request from anyone (even if they are using our name and logo and appear to be genuine) then it is likely to be fraudulent and you must not supply your Security Details to them under any circumstances. You should report any such requests to Life Credit Union Ltd. immediately.
Please read the Terms & Conditions carefully, they apply in respect of all use of and transactions undertaken by you via the Service. By using your Username, PIN and Password (“Security Details”) you agree to the following conditions.
Authority, you authorise us to accept and act on your instructions and to pay to and from your Account(s) the amounts involved when the transaction has been authenticated by the use of the security procedure we require you to follow.
If you have a joint account, we will act on the instructions of any one of you but you are each responsible for all transactions carried out and for the repayment of any borrowing which arises on your account.
Words in bold print in this Definitions Clause have the meanings respectively set under them when used in this Agreement and, where the context admits, the singular form shall include the plural form and vice versa.
Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Terms & Conditions
The online system made available by Life Credit Union Ltd. for approx. 24 hours a day (subject to clause 18.3) to enable the Member to access and utilise Services via the internet and/or other internet technology-based telecommunication media by accessing the Website.
Account: An account denominated in Euro (whether in sole or joint names) maintained with Life Credit Union Ltd. and designated by the Member as an account which may be utilised in availing of the On-Line Account Access service.
Agreement: The agreement concluded between Life Credit Union Ltd. and the Member for the purposes of receiving any of the On-Line Account Access Services through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access which consists of (1) the Registration Process(es); (2) these Terms & Conditions; (3) the Privacy Notice, including the Data Protection Notice and Website Security Notice(s) appearing on the Website from time to time. In the event of any conflict or ambiguity between any of these documents, then these Terms & Conditions will prevail.
Bill Payment Account: An account of a third party which has been set up by Life Credit Union Ltd. or the Member for Bill Payment arrangements. The list of Bill Payments Payees(which may be added to or changed by Life Credit Union Ltd. from time to time) will be made available to the Member who may then designate Bill Payment Payee(s) from the list for Bill Payment and through the Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access.
Bill Payment: The transfer of funds by the Member for credit of a Bill Payment Account designated by the Member which is made at debit of a Nominated Account using the Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access.
Business Day: A day on which Life Credit Union Ltd. is open for general business; “non business day” shall be construed accordingly.
Credit Union: A credit union for the purposes of the Credit Union Act 1997.
Destination Account: An Account or any third party account maintained with Life Credit Union Ltd., or with a credit institution other than Life Credit Union Ltd., designated by the Member for receipt of funds through the Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service.
Data Protection Notice: The data protection notice which sets out the terms upon which the Member’s personal data received in respect of this Agreement will be gathered and processed, and which is published on the Website as part of the Privacy Notice, together with any consents the Member has given to Life Credit Union Ltd. regarding use of his / her personal data.
Euro (€): The single currency of the participating member states of the European Union.
Funds Transfer: An Intra Account Transfer or an Inter Account Transfer.
Inter Account Transfer: The transfer of funds by the Member for credit of an account held by or with a credit institution other than Life Credit Union Ltd., which is made at the debit of an Account using the Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service.
Intra Account Transfer: The transfer of funds by the Member: (i) for the credit of any other Account and/or any third party account maintained with Life Credit Union Ltd., which is made at the debit of an Account using the Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service.
Member: A person who maintains an Account with Life Credit Union Ltd. and maintains a minimum share balance under the rules of Life Credit Union Ltd. The Account Holder to whom (or, in the case of joint Accounts, to each of whom) is issued a Username, Passphrase and PIN.
Member Service Adviser: An employee or agent of Life Credit Union Ltd. authorised to provide assistance to the Member in relation to the Member’s use of Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access.
Nominated Account: Such of the Accounts as are designated by the Member for access through the Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service.
Non-Business Day Period: Any non-business day or consecutive non business days preceding a Business Day, e.g. Sunday would constitute a Non-Business Day Period where Monday is a Business Day.
On-Line Account Access Services: The services which Life Credit Union Ltd. will supply, at its discretion, to a Member from time to time through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access which may include (without limitation) allowing a Member to: (a) access to information on an Account, including the balance of, and details of recent transactions on, the Account; (b) request statements on an Account; (d) make a Funds Transfer; (e) make a bill payment; (f) apply for or access personal loan facilities; (g) access balance and other statement information in relation to other Life Credit Union Ltd. services provided to the Member.
Personal Identification Number (“PIN”): The personal identification number, consisting of eight digits, allocated to the Member by Life Credit Union Ltd. for use in conjunction with the Username and Passphrase, which the Member chooses, with Life Credit Union Ltd.’s consent, through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service. The Member may change their PIN by using the feature contained in the On-line Account Access ‐ Personal Details ‐ Security Info section of the Website.
Privacy Notice: The document called “Privacy Notice” published on the Website from time to time.
Registration Process(es): The process(es) which must be properly and fully completed by a Member applying to Life Credit Union Ltd. for the provision of On-Line Account Access Services using Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access, including, but not limited to, application forms, online application forms and forms completed by the Member or by a Member Service Adviser on behalf of the Member, or information given to a Member Service Adviser by the Member.
SMS Message: A message sent using a short message service to or from telecommunication devices that use global system for mobile (GSM) communication.
Terms & Conditions:The terms and conditions governing the provision of the Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access to the Member, which are set out in this document, and such other terms and conditions as may be added to or substituted for them from time to time pursuant to the Agreement.
Website: Any page containing the URL www.Lifecu.ie; cucash.ie or cuonline-ebanking.com
Use of Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access
- Availability and Security
- Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Services are only made available, subject to Clause (1.2), to a Member by Life Credit Union Ltd. in respect of Accounts in Life Credit Union.
- Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access ( including the Services delivered through it), the Username, Passphrase and PIN must be used by the Member strictly in accordance with this Agreement.
- The PIN (if requested) will be provided by Life Credit Union Ltd. direct to the Member. The Member must not disclose the PIN whether directly or indirectly, to any other person (including, but not limited to, any account aggregation service provider) or record your Username, Passphrase or PIN in any way that may result in them becoming known to another person. Should the Member know or think it possible that the Username, Passphrase or PIN has become known to any other person the Member shall immediately effect a change to the PIN through Life Credit Union Ltd.
- Please note that after initial registration or enrollment we will never contact you, or ask anyone to do so, on our behalf, with a request to disclose your Passphrase or PIN. If you receive any such request from anyone (even if they are using our name and logo and appear to be genuine) then it is likely to be fraudulent and you must not supply your Passphrase or PIN to them in any circumstances. The Member should report any such requests to us immediately.
- A charge may be applied to your account by Life Credit Union Ltd. for reissuing you with a new PIN.
- The Member will be responsible for all instructions given by you or anyone acting with your authority between the time you pass the security procedure and the time you exit from the On-Line Account Access Service. The Member shall disconnect and exit Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service when not availing of the Services.
- The equipment necessary for the Member to access Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service shall be provided and be maintained by and at the expense of the Member and Life Credit Union Ltd. may change the requirements for such equipment from time to time.
- The Member undertakes with Life Credit Union Ltd. to comply strictly with this Agreement. The Member acknowledges that his or her compliance with this Agreement is designed to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service. The Member agrees to indemnify Life Credit Union Ltd. in full in respect of any loss or damages which may arise to Life Credit Union Ltd., the Member or any third party as a consequence of the Member’s non-compliance with this Agreement.
- Life Credit Union Ltd. shall be entitled, but not obliged, to record all communications from, or instructions given by, the Member to Life Credit Union Ltd., or messages sent by Life Credit Union Ltd. to the Member through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service.
- The Member shall ensure that all instructions given by the Member to Life Credit Union Ltd. through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Services are accurate and complete, and that, where appropriate, he/she correctly identifies the Account and Balance Name to which any amount is to be credited or debited. In particular, prior to confirming any instruction to Life Credit Union Ltd., the Member shall ensure that an instruction which is relayed back to the Member confirming the instruction that the Member sent through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access is the instruction which the Member intends to give. Life Credit Union Ltd. is entitled to rely on any instruction from the Member using Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access, and, for the avoidance of doubt, the processing by Life Credit Union Ltd. of any such confirmed instruction shall be final and binding on the Member.
- Life Credit Union Ltd. is authorised to provide the Member with account balance information in respect of all accounts currently or at any future time opened in the name of the Member with Life Credit Union Ltd.
- Life Credit Union Ltd. is authorised to provide to the Member any or all of the Services which may be accessed and availed of through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Services in accordance with the Member’s instructions given to Life Credit Union Ltd. through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service.
- Transactions on the Account
- The Member authorises Life Credit Union Ltd. to act upon any instruction to debit an Account received through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access which has been transmitted using all or part of the Username, Passphrase, PIN and/or any other authentication process which Life Credit Union Ltd. may require to be used in connection with Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access without requiring Life Credit Union Ltd. to make any further authentication or enquiry, and all such debits shall constitute a liability of the Member. Where the Members’ Account is maintained in joint names the liability of the Account Holders shall be joint and several.
- The Member shall not create an unauthorised overdraft, exceed an approved limit on an Account or otherwise act in any manner contrary to any other terms and conditions applicable to an Account and/or the Services through the use of Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access. The Member accepts that all transactions on an Account of any nature are subject to the Account balance being available and transaction(s) on an account with uncleared funds of any nature may not be processed until such times as the balance is cleared and available.
- Upon receipt of instructions to effect a Bill Payment or an Inter Account Transfer Life Credit Union Ltd. will carry out the transfer instructions, will debit the Account and will affect the transfer within seven Business Days.
- Upon receipt of instructions from the Member to effect an Intra Account Transfer Life Credit Union Ltd. will carry out the instructions and will debit the Account within seven Business Days.
- Notwithstanding any other limit or authorisation (including any limit referred to in this Clause (5)), whether in respect of any Account or otherwise the maximum aggregate amount which a Member may transfer using the On-Line Account Access Services (whether by Bill Payments, Fund Transfers, and/or otherwise) is EUR (€)10,000 during any Business Day, or during a Business Day and a preceding Non-Business Day Period.
- Subject to Clauses (5.2), (5.4) and (5.7):
- the total value of Inter Account Transfers, including Bill Payments, which may be effected by a Member through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service is limited in aggregate to EUR (€)5,000 in any Business Day and the preceding Non-Business Day Period (if any). For the avoidance of doubt, the total value of the Inter Account Transfers, including Bill Payments, affected during a Non-Business Day Period shall be taken into account in determining whether the EUR (€)5,000 aggregate limit has been reached during the next succeeding Business Day.
- the total value of Intra Account Transfers which may be effected by a Member between the Accounts of a Member through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service in any Business Day or non-business day is limited to the amount of the available balance on the Account to be debited at the relevant time (less any outstanding Bill Payments, fund Transfers and/or otherwise). Amounts above EUR (€)5,000 may require prior approval.
- the total value of Intra Account Transfers which may be effected by a Member to third party accounts maintained with Life Credit Union Ltd. through Life Credit Union Ltd. Phone Banking and/or Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service is limited in aggregate to EUR (€)5,000 in any Business Day and preceding Non-Business Day Period (if any). For the avoidance of doubt, the total value of transfers effected during a Non-Business Day Period shall be taken into account in determining whether the EUR (€)5,000 aggregate during the next succeeding Business Day.
- Entries in an Account in respect of Bill Payments and Fund Transfers shall be prima facie evidence that the transfer or debit represented thereby has been duly authorised and shall be binding on Life Credit Union Ltd. and the Member unless and until proved to the contrary.
- All transactions using the service are subject to verification and acceptance by Life Credit Union Ltd. Any record of a transaction generated by your personal computer will be for your convenience only, and is not binding on Life Credit Union Ltd.
- 5.8 When using the On-Line Account Access Services each of Life Credit Union Ltd. and Member agree that they will not attempt to rely on any terms and conditions relating to the Accounts if to do so would be an attempt to repudiate the validity of the Member’s instructions relating to the On-Line Account Access Services or the communications regarding the instructions sent to the Member by Life Credit Union Ltd. Both Life Credit Union Ltd. and the Member agree that the instructions, information, communications and / or authorisations given through the On-Line Account Access Services shall be treated as satisfying any legal requirements for communication in writing.
- Information on Account Balances and Statements
- The Member acknowledges that any Account balance quoted through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service may be the balance at the relevant close of business for that Account on the Business Day prior to the day of the quotation and that the balance may not be appropriately adjusted to include any debit or credit (whether paper or electronic (including via SMS Message)) transactions processed or issued since the close of business. The Member accepts that, as the Account balance quoted may contain uncleared transactions, it may be adjusted in the event of non-payment of any such transactions and may not be fully up to date.
- The Member shall carefully examine any account information (including Account statements and balances) received by the Member, or any other information provided by Life Credit Union Ltd. to the Member, through the On-Line Account Access Service from time to time and shall report any errors or omissions to Life Credit Union Ltd. in writing within 30 days from the date of despatch of such statements or receipt of such information. In the event that no error or omission is reported by the Member within the time specified, Life Credit Union Ltd. shall be entitled to rely on the conclusiveness of the relevant statement of account as respects further transactions, provided that nothing herein will prevent Life Credit Union Ltd. or the Member subsequently adjusting information to correct an error or omission, but in that case without any claim to compensation or damages arising on account thereof.
- Termination of the Agreement
- Life Credit Union Ltd. may terminate the Agreement and withdraw Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access:
- on giving the Member at least 10 Business Days prior written notice;
- immediately upon breach by the Member of any of the terms of this Agreement or where there are serious grounds for doing so and provided the Member is informed by notice in writing as soon as is reasonably possible after termination;
- immediately upon the death, bankruptcy or other contractual incapacity of the Member;
- if the Member has not accessed Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access in any period of 12 consecutive months;
- if Life Credit Union Ltd. reasonably believes that any of the On-Line Account Access Services have been used negligently, illegally or fraudulently by the Member, or by a third party as a result of the Member’s negligence or recklessness;
- if the Member ceases to be a Member
- This Agreement does not have a minimum or finite duration and will continue to be binding on the parties until it is terminated. The Member may terminate the Agreement at any time by giving Life Credit Union Ltd. not less than 10 Business Days prior written notice to that effect, but without prejudice to the Member’s liability for any outstanding indebtedness on any Account or otherwise prior to the date of termination.
- Notwithstanding the death or incapacity of the Member all payments made by Life Credit Union Ltd. at the debit of any Account, including the Nominated Account, shall be valid and binding upon the Member and the Member’s estate or legal representative if made prior to the receipt by Life Credit Union Ltd. of written notice of such death or incapacity.
- Life Credit Union Ltd. reserves the right to process or cancel any transactions in progress on termination of this Agreement or on suspension or withdrawal of the On-Line Account Access Services. Life Credit Union Ltd. is not responsible for any loss the Member may incur as a result of any transaction not being processed as part of the On-Line Account Access Services after termination of the Agreement or after any suspension or withdrawal of the on-line services.
- Life Credit Union Ltd. may terminate the Agreement and withdraw Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access:
- Variations of the Agreement
- Where Life Credit Union Ltd. is not required to notify the Member otherwise by law, Life Credit Union Ltd. may alter the Agreement from time to time. Any such alteration shall become effective and shall be binding upon the Member 14 days after notice of such alteration has been sent to the Member by any of the following means: through the post, by advertisement published in at least one national daily newspaper, by electronic message through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Services including by notice on www.lifecu.ie. The Member shall be entitled, upon receiving notice of any alteration to this Agreement, to immediately terminate the Agreement but without prejudice to any rights or obligations which have arisen prior the termination date, including the Member’s liability for any indebtedness on any Account or which has otherwise arisen prior to that termination date.
- Save where expressly provided, any notice required to be given by the Member to Life Credit Union Ltd. in connection with the subject matter of this Agreement shall be given in writing and sent through the post addressed to Life Credit Union Ltd., Main Street, Naas, .
- Save where expressly provided, any notice required to be given by Life Credit Union Ltd. to the Member in connection with the subject matter of this Agreement may be given by any of the following means: through the post, by advertisement published in at least one national daily newspaper or by notice on the Life Credit Union Ltd. website (www.lifecu.ie).
- Use of Information and Confidentiality
- Subject to the terms of the Privacy Notice and Security Notice(s), and except to the extent that such disclosure is required under compulsion of law or pursuant to a direction or request issued by the Financial Regulator or other competent statutory or regulatory authority, Life Credit Union Ltd. shall ensure that all confidential personal data of a Member held by Life Credit Union Ltd. in relation to Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Services shall only be accessible to Life Credit Union Ltd., its agents or a company controlled by Life Credit Union Ltd. and shall be processed or used by them for purposes and in a way compatible with the discharge of Life Credit Union Ltd.’s obligation to the Member under the Agreement.
- Life Credit Union Ltd. may use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track users’ movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- The Member shall ensure that all information obtained from Life Credit Union Ltd. by the Member relating to Life Credit Union Ltd.’s operations, services, software, hardware and/or systems in connection with this Agreement shall be treated by the Member in strictest confidence and shall not be disclosed by the Member to any third party unless it is already in the public domain.
- Intellectual Property
- The Intellectual Property Rights in all data, information, systems, processes or other material used by or developed by Life Credit Union Ltd. for the purposes of providing the On-Line Account Access Services or performing its obligations under this Agreement shall, or upon their creation, remain vested in Life Credit Union Ltd. or its licensors. The Member shall use such material only for the purpose of receiving the On-Line Account Access Services, as contemplated by this Agreement.
- Save where otherwise specified, the Intellectual Property Rights and contents of all the Website are owned by Life Credit Union Ltd. or its licensors. Reproduction of part or all of the contents of the website in any form is prohibited without the prior consent of Life Credit Union Ltd., other than that a Member may print or download one copy of the contents of the website for personal non-commercial use.
- Data Protection
- Life Credit Union Ltd. will comply with its obligations under the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003 (as amended from time to time) as regards relevant data in its possession relating to the Member and shall make available for inspection by the Member any information held by Life Credit Union Ltd. about the Member in accordance with those Acts. The Privacy Notice and Security Notice(s) published on the website from time to time shall apply to the use of personal data relating to the Member and shall form part of this Agreement.
- Liability for Defective Transactions
- Subject to the Member’s compliance with the Agreement and provided the Member has not acted fraudulently or in a negligent manner, Life Credit Union Ltd. shall accept liability for the non-execution or defective execution of a Funds Transfer effected through Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service but such liability shall be limited to the amount of the unexecuted or defectively executed Funds Transfer.
- Temporary Withdrawal of Service
- In the event of a breakdown, fault or malfunction of, or connected to, any system used in connection with Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Service, or where there is a real or potential security risk, Life Credit Union Ltd. shall be entitled, without incurring any liability to the Member, to temporarily suspend the relevant On-Line Account Access Services or access to Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access Services for such reasonable period as may be required to remedy, address or resolve the system issue.
- Force Majeure: Life Credit Union Ltd. shall not be in breach of its obligations under this Agreement if there is any total or partial failure of performance of Life Credit Union Ltd.’s duties and obligations occasioned by any act of God, fire, act of government or state, war, civil commotion, insurrection, embargo, inability to communicate with third parties for whatever reason, failure of any computer dealing or settlement system, failure of or delay in the transmission of SMS Messages via any mobile phone network, prevention from or hindrance in obtaining any energy or other supplies, labour disputes of whatever nature, late or mistaken payment by an agent or any other reason (whether or not similar in kind to any of the above) beyond Life Credit Union Ltd.’s control.
- Security, Maintenance and Availability
- The Member accepts that electronic communications, the internet, telephone lines or SMS-based telecommunications media may not be secure and communications via such media may be intercepted by unauthorised persons or delivered incorrectly. In consequence Life Credit Union Ltd. cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of communications via such media although it will put in place security measures to protect these methods of communications.
- From time to time it may be necessary to or desirable for security reasons, maintenance, upgrades or other reasons to:
- make certain or all of the On-Line Account Access Services unavailable to a Member; and/or
- delay implementation of any new Services; and/or
- withdraw, replace or reissue Usernames, Passphrases, PINs and/or
- change authentication procedures or processes for accessing Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access
- and while Life Credit Union Ltd. will use reasonable endeavours to minimise any inconvenience caused to the Member the Member accepts that these events may occur and that Life Credit Union Ltd. has no liability to it in the event of this happening. Where Life Credit Union Ltd. changes authentication procedures for accessing Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access then, notwithstanding Clause (11) Life Credit Union Ltd. may introduce these procedures by giving instructions to the Member via the Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access system in respect of which such procedures are being introduced.
- The Member agrees that he / she has entered into this Agreement for his/her own benefit and not for the benefit of another person, and may not subcontract or assign any of his/her rights or obligations under this Agreement. The Member acknowledges that Life Credit Union Ltd. enters into this Agreement for itself and as agent for any member of the Life Credit Union Ltd. Group where that member of the Life Credit Union Ltd. Group has an agreement with the Member in respect of a product or service to which the On-Line Account Access Services that are provided to the Member apply.
- Help Desk
- The Member may contact Life Credit Union Ltd. on + 353 (0)45 879622 in the event that the Member requires urgent assistance in resolving a difficulty encountered in relation to Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access and / or information generally in relation to Life Credit Union Ltd. On-Line Account Access during normal business hours.
- Telephone calls to the number quoted may be recorded or monitored. This is for your security and the security of our staff and also to verify transactions, improve service and for staff training
- Governing Law
- All relations established by Life Credit Union Ltd. with the Member prior to this Agreement being entered into and this Agreement, are governed by and will be construed with the laws of Ireland, and the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes in connection with them.
- If, at any time, any provision of this Agreement (or any part of a provision of this Agreement) is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that shall not affect or impair the legality, validity or enforceability the remainder of this Agreement (including the remainder of a provision where only part thereof is or has become illegal, invalid or unenforceable).
Life CU 12 Days of Christmas T&C’s
- Prizes consists of cash values: 6 X €50’s 4 x €75 and 2 x €100
- The draw will take place daily in the Fusion Marketing Offices using random number picker of entrants for each day
- The competition is open to people living and working in the Life CU common Bond Only
- Cash will be transferred into your Life CU account and will only be awarded to the winner, if the winner does not have an account they can open one via the life CU branches.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value
- The Prize must be accepted as a whole or will be forfeited in its entirety
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or older as at date of entry
- The competition daily draw will include entries from the social media platform Facebook and Instagram
- The Competition winner’s name will be announced on Life CU’s website and social media platforms