By Admin | March 20, 2020
NEW BRANCH HOURS FROM MONDAY 30th MARCH
9.30 – 10.30am every morning in open branches will be a priority hour for OAP and vulnerable members.
We hope that you are all doing well despite the uncertain times that are going on around us at the moment. The current crisis is affecting all of us, regardless of age, gender or background and we are all facing major changes to our lives.
As your local credit union, we have made sure that we have the supports in place to help our members manage their finances through this difficult time. In line with HSE guidelines, we have introduced measures to protect our members and staff. We have limited the number of members in branches, and reduced our operating hours, but this is all in an effort to keep us all safe. We have also introduced specific supports for those who find themselves in difficulty with loan repayments due to the impact of COVID-19 on their income.
Day-to day services:
- 3 of our branches remain open, with appropriate measures in place such as social distancing signage and hand sanitisers. We have also introduced an hour each morning for OAP and vulnerable members from 9.30-10.30am in all open branches.
- We encourage members to use or sign up to our CU Online banking to manage their finances from home. You can mange direct debits, view balances, transfer money and make payments. To register for cuOnline please click here.
- You can contact our team on 045 879 622 if you wish to speak to a team member or carry out a transaction over the phone
Current Account services
- Our new Current Account with Mastercard Debit Card is the perfect way to manage your day-to-day finances with your trusted credit union. You can apply through CU Online.
- Arranging an overdraft may be one way to give you flexibility in the event of any short-term changes to your income. Our new Current Account offers our members an opportunity to apply for a personal overdraft (€200 to €5000). More information can be found at https://lifecu.ie/overdraft/
- Contactless payments help with social distancing and are free with our Current Account. The increased contactless limit of €50 is now enabled on our Current Account Debit Cards, and will be available to members as retailers roll out this functionality.
Loans and Loan Repayments
We understand that some members may be facing financial pressure due to COVID-19 and we have supports in place to help.
- If your circumstances have already changed due to COVID-19 please fill in our form for Temporary Loan Arrangement and one of the team will get back to you. It may take 2 or 3 days for the team to get back to you due to the large volume of calls, so please bear with us.
- We are still lending if members are still looking to borrow for any reason. You can apply online here